Today, Leica Camera has released firmware version 1.1 for the Q (Typ 116) camera. This is the first firmware update available for the Q, and has a few minor bug fixes along with optimizing image quality. Leica Q firmware 1.1 offers the following improvements:
- Improvement in overall image quality between ISO100-400
- Exposure has been corrected in digiscoping mode after switching off and on again.
- Adjustment of the Live View image in monochrome mode in combination with Auto Focus tracking. With the new firmware, the Live View shows a monochrome image. For proper focusing, the camera switches to color when pressing the shutter button half way
Leica Q Firmware Version 1.1 is available for download here: Q Firmware 1.1
To update your Q Firmware, follow these instructions:
- Insert a fully charged battery into your Q.
- Insert an SD card into your Q, one that you can format (which means everything on the card will be erased).
- Format the SD memory card in the Q.
- Remove the SD card from the Q and insert it into an SD card reader attached (or built-in) to your computer.
- Download the Leica Q firmware version 1.1.
- Copy the firmware file Q116_110.quf directly onto the SD card. You don't want to put the file into any folders on the card, but in the “root directory” of the card.
- Once the copying is complete, properly eject the SD card from your computer and insert it into your Q with the camera turned off.
- While holding down the red video button on the top of the camera, turn on the Q.
- You will be prompted with a firmware update screen. Press OK.
- The Q will begin the firmware update process, which should take about 90 seconds.
- Once the firmware update is complete, turn off and turn on your camera. You're done!
It's important to note that during the update process, you should NOT:
- Turn off the camera
- Touch any buttons on the camera
- Remove the battery
- Remove the SD card
If you have any questions about the Leica Q, or the new firmware update, please don't hesitate to send us an email.