Today, Leica has released a firmware update for the Leica S (Typ 006) medium format digital SLR camera. The update includes the following features/changes:
- Support the new Leica S-lens, Leica Elmarit-S 45mm f/2.8 ASPH & CS Version
- New Menu Language: Korean
- Improvement of tethered shooting for compressed DNG
- Flash signal will be output at each exposure time over X-sync
- Settings for bracketing and self-timer are now stored in the user profiles and will remain active even if the system is rebooted.
- Optimized color temperature of the white point of the display
- Leica Vario-Elmar-S 30-90mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH – improvement of focus behavior
- Improvement of user profiles
There is also new firmware, version, 184.108.40.206 for the S2 and S2-P cameras. Registered owners can download the firmware from the Owners’ Area.
To download the new firmware for either your Leica S (Typ 006) or Leica S2, visit the Leica Owner's Area. You will need a freshly charged battery, a memory card that you can format in the camera, and a card reader.
Is the firmware for the Leica S (Typ 006) posted yet? When I login to the Owner’s area I only see version 220.127.116.11 of the firmware.
Just posted this morning! The color temp of the lcd in immediately noticeable.