So, this press release came across my inbox this morning and I have to say, the Metal Jacket looks very, very cool for those looking to put the Leica SL (Typ 601) into service for professional video applications. With 125 possible screw mount locations, accessories like 4K capture devices such as the Atomos Shogun, external viewfinders, sound recorders, microphone mounts, carry handles, or gimbal rigs should mount with ease. Oh, and it looks sexy as hell.
Read on for the full press release from LockCircle:
The Metal Jacket is a special LockCircle cage project designed to fit like a glove around the Leica SL (Typ 601) camera, to enhance the cinematic feeling when shooting motion pictures.
One of its features is the exclusive “Asymmetrical Cage Design” for right hand camera grabbing/control with the original Leica SL camera ergonomic feeling for “still and motion” production without limitations.
The Metal Jacket has 105 threads 1/4”-20 and 20 threads 3/8”-16 for multi accessories mounting like viewfinders, 4K HDMI Recorders, monitors and heavy-duty camera mounting requested by the film industry.
The Metal Jacket integrates, with the CineBlock interface mount, the original CW Sonderoptic Leica SL-PL Mount creating a monolithic rock solid cinematic production camera: perfect to shoot with Summicron-C and Summilux-C Leica Cinema (Academy Awarded) lenses.
The Metal Jacket cage integrates the MultiPort HDMI / USB 3.0 / Audio / Controller Interface port savers for serious camera protection and no “signal loose” when shooting in rough production environments.
The camera baseplate offers really secure mounting with a 1/4”-20 and 3/8”-16 threads (titanium camera screws supplied), also the camera baseplate has front and rear threads 1/4”-20 useful for other mounting applications.
The Metal Jacket is available in “Classic Black” anodized finish, or in hard anodized (Mil-Spec) “Dura-T (Tactical Grey)” or “Dura-K (Kant Titanium Brown)” for uncompromising quality.
The Metal Jacket cage is incredibly lightweight (225gr- 7.9o.z.), and has several threads to mount the (AC) tape measurement (titanium pin) hook at the exact sensor focal plane.
An ultra lightweight MicroMega baseplate for 15mm rods is available with an innovative modular (join-able) 15mm rods system, CNC machined from genuine titanium grade 5.
Metal Jacket by LockCircle features:
– Asymmetrical cage design for enhanced “still and motion”feeling
– Right hand camera grabbing/control with original Leica SL ergonomics
– Ultra lightweight: cage weight is only 225gr. – 7.9 oz.
– 105 threads 1/4”-20 and 20 threads 3/8”-16
– Heavy-duty camera baseplate with 1/4”-20 and 3/8”-16 threads
– CineBlock mount for original CW Sonderoptic SL/PL Mount
– Top Grip handle, compatible with BoomBooster action grip handle
– CNC machined from billet aluminum
– Mil-A 8625 Type III (Mil-Spec) surface anodized (Dura-T / Dura-K)
– Genuine titanium screws
– Camera control display full visible (shaped design)
– MultiPort HDMI / USB 3.0 / Audio / Control Interface port savers
– Genuine Modular Titanium Grade 5 Rods 15mm
– Focal Plain thread for AC measurement hook (titanium pin)
– MicroMega modular ultra-lightweight baseplate (15 rods)
– Titanium Grade 5 Modular 15mm Rods system
– Designed and field tested by cinematographers
– Mastercrafted in Italy (Lake Como) by LockCircle
For more informations: firstname.lastname@example.org