Today, Leica has released a firmware update for both the SL2 and SL2-S. Previously, there has been a disparity in the version numbers between the two cameras. This time around, Leica has standardized the version number for both the SL2 and SL2-S. Be aware that there are still two different firmware files, one for each model. The firmware files are camera-specific and are not interchangeable. Along with the numerical harmonization, Leica has improved the functionality of Profoto flash systems with the SL2/SL2-S. As always, we recommend staying up to date on your camera's firmware.
To download the firmware file, simply click the buttons below. You'll need to drag and drop the downloaded firmware file onto an SD card which was freshly formatted in the SL2 / SL2-S, then insert the card into your camera with a fully charged battery. Navigate to the Camera Information menu to access the firmware update option. Don't try to open the firmware file on your computer – just copy it onto the SD card into the root directory. Full step-by-step instructions are below.
- Recharge the battery to 100% and insert the battery into the camera.
- Remove all SD cards from the camera.
- Prepare a SD card for installation:
a. It is recommended to format the memory card inside the camera.
b. Please make sure that the card contains at least 200 MB of free disk space.
c. Copy the firmware file to the root directory of the SD card.
d. Insert the SD card into slot 1 of the SL2-camera.
- Switch on the camera.
- Open the “Camera Information” menu item in the main menu. Under “Camera Firmware Version” you can see the version of the currently installed firmware and you can install the new firmware under “Start Update”.
- Confirm the update process if you want to start.
a. The camera will guide you through the process of updating your camera.
b. Please confirm to save your current settings to SD card before proceeding with the update.
c. The camera starts the update process and informs you when finished.
d. Restart the camera; do not eject the SD card.
e. After the welcome video you can select the language.
f. You now can do some settings via the Leica FOTOS App by connecting the camera with the app. If you have already connected the SL2 to the app, delete it from the app and connect the camera again
- The update process is completed successfully.
- If you want to load your user profiles go to the menu item “User Profile” in the main menu and then “Manage Profiles”. With “Import Profiles” you can restore your profiles to the camera again.
Leave a Reply