Today, Leica has released firmware version 2.1 for the SL (Typ 601) mirrorless full-frame digital camera. The new firmware offers stability and performance improvements along with compatibility for the latest tethered software plug-ins. The official list of improvements and bug fixes, from Leica:
- Support for Leica Image Shuttle 3.4 (Mac)
- Support for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Tethered Plug-In 1.1.0 (Mac)
- Improvement in overall performance
- Overall system stability improvements
- Overall performance improvements
- Bug fix: in some rare cases the lens profile data were missing in the DNGs
- Bug fix: in some rare cases the camera used “P-mode” for M lenses
- Several minor bugfixes
The firmware can be downloaded here: Leica SL Firmware 2.1
To install the new firmware, please do the following:
- Insert a fully charged battery into the camera.
- Download the firmware file to your computer (601__21_.lfu).
- Copy the firmware file to the root directory on your SD card.
- Insert the SD into the camera and switch on the camera into slot 1 (you do not want to have any SD card in slot 2)
- Export your User Profiles for backup purposes to your SD card.
- Go to camera menu: SETUP/Camera Informaton/Firmware/Start Update
- Restart the camera.
- If an update for your lens is available, the camera will ask to start the lens firmware process.
- Once the updates are done, restart the camera.
- In case your User Profiles are lost, go to Import Profiles to set the camera back to your preferred settings if you have performed step 5.
During the firmware update, do not:
- Turn off the camera
- Remove the battery
- Detach the lens
- Remove the memory card
- The multifunction hand grip may not be attached