After the latest round of firmware updates went out for the SL2 and SL2-S earlier this month, users with APO-Summicron-SL prime lenses noticed a delay when shooting those lenses stopped down. Reports piled up with more and more users reporting the same issue. Today, Leica has released a revised set of firmware files for the SL2 and SL2-S that fixes this bug. Now, the SL prime lenses work properly. Install by clicking the download links and following the directions below, or update through the Leica FOTOS app connected to your camera.
To download the firmware file, simply click the button below. You'll need to drag and drop the downloaded firmware file onto an SD card which was freshly formatted in the SL2 / SL2-S, then insert the card into your camera with a fully charged battery. Navigate to the Camera Information menu to access the firmware update option. Don't try to open the firmware file on your computer – just copy it onto the SD card into the root directory. Full step-by-step instructions are below
- Recharge the battery to 100% and insert the battery into the camera.
- Remove all SD cards from the camera.
- Prepare a SD card for installation:
a. It is recommended to format the memory card inside the camera.
b. Please make sure that the card contains at least 200 MB of free disk space.
c. Copy the firmware file to the root directory of the SD card.
d. Insert the SD card into slot 1 of the SL2-camera.
- Switch on the camera.
- Open the “Camera Information” menu item in the main menu. Under “Camera Firmware Version” you can see the version of the currently installed firmware and you can install the new firmware under “Start Update”.
- Confirm the update process if you want to start.
a. The camera will guide you through the process of updating your camera.
b. Please confirm to save your current settings to SD card before proceeding with the update.
c. The camera starts the update process and informs you when finished.
d. Restart the camera; do not eject the SD card.
e. After the welcome video you can select the language.
f. You now can do some settings via the Leica FOTOS App by connecting the camera with the app. If you have already connected the SL2 to the app, delete it from the app and connect the camera again
- The update process is completed successfully.
- If you want to load your user profiles go to the menu item “User Profile” in the main menu and then “Manage Profiles”. With “Import Profiles” you can restore your profiles to the camera again.